Lake Worth, FL
Our escrow assistant is responsible for pre-closing matters. S/He works with lenders, loan officers, and attorneys to acquire, analyze, and organize all necessary documents needed to process the closing.
- Opens escrows within 24 hours and ensures customers receive copies the same day
- Assists in processing escrows with a high degree of quality, including funding/balancing, figuring, clearing prelims, and signing clients
- Orders all necessary documents to close escrows in a timely manner (i.e., demands, loan documents, and insurance)
- Maintains records of communication with all partners involved in escrows
- Follows company standards and practices when processing transactions, as well as applicable state laws and guidelines
- Informs escrow officers of any missing items or problems relevant to closing
- Deposits any funds required by buyers and sellers of each escrow within 24 hours of receipt
- Returns all calls, voicemails, and emails in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Adheres to company policies and guidelines
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as an escrow assistant is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in loan processing is preferred.
A high school diploma is required.
DCertifications, Licenses, Insurance
Notary republic status preferred.
- Understands escrow standards, title clearance, real estate regulations and guidelines, and document preparation.
- Comprehends pay off per diems, tax prorations, interest, and the like.
- Understands lender documents and recordings.
- Adaptable: adapts to new, different, or changing requirements
- Attentive to details
- Business fundamentals: maintains privacy and confidentiality of company information, as well as that of customers and co-workers
- Customer focused: is pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external customers or clients
- Dependable and reliable: displays responsible behaviors at work
- Initiative: demonstrates a willingness to work and seeks out new work challenges
- Integrity: treats others with honesty, fairness, and respect
- Mathematics: uses mathematics to solve problems
- Planning and organizing: plans and prioritizes work to manage time effectively and accomplishes assigned tasks
- Problem solver: applies critical thinking skills to solve problems by generating, evaluating, and implementing solutions
- Professional: maintains a professional demeanor at work
- Proficient in English
- Reading: understands written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents; applies what is learned from written material to work situations
- Respectful: works effectively with those who have diverse backgrounds
- Team player: works effectively with others
- Technology: uses information technology and related applications to convey and retrieve information; demonstrates strong computer/typing skills in Microsoft Office, email programs, and internet browsers
- Telephone skills, including a pleasant phone voice and etiquette
- Verbal communication: maintains open lines of communication with others
- Writing: uses standard English to clearly communicate thoughts, ideas, and information in written form
- NOTE: Skills list resourced in part from Common Employability Skills, National Network of Business and Industry Associations, 2014. Print and online at: http://www.nationalnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Common_Employability_Skills-03-30-152.pdf.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including physical requirements)
This position requires repetitive use of a keyboard, extensive phone use, bending, sitting, squatting, light lifting, and simple grasping.