Lake Worth, FL
Our policy typist is responsible for the day-to-day creation of preliminary reports, title policies, loan policies, corrections, and guarantees. S/He is also responsible for handling pre-closing and post-closing updates, as well as general assistance to the title plant production manager, the assistant manager, and the title examiners.
- Establishes and maintains procedures implemented by supervisor(s)
- Types final owners and loan policies, title policies, and the like
- Types other plant products for agents and internal staff
- Takes part in all facets of production; maintains production level of 30-35 preliminary title reports per day and/or 40-45 policies per day
- Handles inquiries from external and internal customers
- Responds to file status inquiries and forwards calls to the appropriate examiner
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Adheres to company policies and guidelines
- One (1) year of word processing experience within the land title industry is required.
- Policy production experience or related experience preferred.
A high school diploma is required.
Certifications, Licenses, Insurance
No certifications, licenses, or insurance are required.
- Understanding of title industry terminology is preferred.
- Working knowledge of county clerks public access programs is preferred.
- Adaptable: adapts to new, different, or changing requirements
- Attentive to details
- Business fundamentals: recognizes the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of company information, as well as that of customers and co-workers, and complies with intellectual property laws
- Critical thinking: uses logical thought processes to analyze and draw conclusions
- Customer focused: is pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external customers or clients
- Dependable and reliable: displays responsible behaviors at work
- Initiative: demonstrates a willingness to work and seeks out new work challenges
- Integrity: treats others with honesty, fairness and respect
- Mathematics: uses mathematics to solve problems
- Multi-lingual skills preferred
- Planning and organizing: plans and prioritizes work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks
- Professional: maintains a professional demeanor at work
- Proficient in English
- Respectful: works effectively with those who have diverse backgrounds
- Team player: works effectively with others
- Technology: uses information technology and related applications to convey and retrieve information; demonstrates strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, email programs, and internet browsers
- Telephone skills, including a pleasant phone voice and etiquette
- Typing speed of at least 80 words per minute
- Verbal communication: maintains open lines of communication with others
- Willingness to ask questions
- Writing: uses standard English to clearly communicate thoughts, ideas, and information in written form
- NOTE: Skills list resourced in part from Common Employability Skills, National Network of Business and Industry Associations, 2014. Print and online at: http://www.nationalnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Common_Employability_Skills-03-30-152.pdf.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including physical requirements)
This position requires repetitive use of a keyboard, bending, sitting, squatting, and simple grasping.